Friday, April 20, 2007

THINK BEFORE YOU ACT!!!!!!!

I was shocked by the news of a massacre in Virginia Tech,one of the noted higher education centre in the United States.A senior student had killed 32 students in the school and then commited suicide.At first glance,I thought he could not handle the pressure of studies but what I discovered later was pretty shocking!

It seems that he was a loner and was badly ill treated by his friends.They humiliated him and did alot of the unthinkables.He became who he was partly because of what he had gone through and that made me felt guilty for I had at times too did some real joker stuffs to my friends,just for the sake of amusing myself and others.What happened this time round make me ponder..IS IT REALLY THAT FUN TO BUILD YOUR HAPPINESS OR AMUSEMENT OM SOMEONE'S PAIN?This is a very very clear reminder of how we should act and think before acting for what we did could leave a huge impact on someone,whether good or bad.

Through this matter and from what a friend told me,we must look out for friends who are lonely and who might be suffering from some problems.Instead of rubbing salt into their wounds or leaving them alone,we must and need to look into their needs.

Words and actions can be nice and sweet or harmful and poisonous.Which way do u choose?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it's really sad. It's so hard to believe that people can be so cruel.

zhihow3 said...

ryan,this case links with wat ur dad spoke about last week,unforgiveness..turns out he alwiz think himself as a victim and wanted to get even.he felt everyone ill treats him and he rejected consultation..haih~

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hope we'll realize how important it is to forgive and let go.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.