Thursday, August 2, 2007

L.O.V.E

Love,a word simple yet meaningful.I know what is going through some of your mind now.You most probably are thinking about how a boy and a girl meets and fell in love and some fairy tale ending to their lifes.:P.Well,the LOVE that I am gonna post about is rather different.It's based on a true story....

" Sun Qing-rong was on her way to a market 19 years ago when a chance encountered change her life forever.Her family would never be the same again either.A hospital worker carrying an infant came up,thrust 20 yuan(RM10) at her and told her to find a way to get rid of the one day old baby girl.Madam Sun,now 56,recalls the incident like it happened yesterday.
"The woman told me the baby's parents didnt want her because she was their second daughter.She said I could adopt the baby if I wanted to,give her away to someone else or throw her away,"she said.
"I was horrified.A baby is not a chicken or a dog,how can we just throw it away?"
She turned down the money,but took home the baby.It did not matter that she already had 5 children of her own.Nor did she care that life was a struggle,as the family lived from hand-to-mouth on her husband's meagre income as a rag-and-bone man of about 800-1000 yuan(RM500)."

The couple eventually adopted 14 baby girls as the years passed by.They went through hunger and borrowed tonnes of money just for the girls'sake when they arent even their own flesh and blood.Reading this makes me ponder..when's the last time we really slow down on our path and have a look at things around us?When's the last time we ever reach out and sacrifice something to help others?I aint saying we should go hungry to save others.Don't get me wrong!But this type of love that the couple has,how many of us can claim we can do the same?

I cant help but to think that we are all just like the baby girls,abandoned into this world and had God not sent His son to die for us,what would have happened to us?Will you and I still be here?Such love is indescribable and priceless.The story also reminded me of being contented.The couple was happy to skip a meal or two,just so that there'll be enough for the girls and went through life without complaining as they brought up all the babies they adopted.I myself for one,would grumble and complained at how tough life is and how broke I am,yet the couple I talked about earlier could still make ends meet and be happy.Life may not be haven for them but they are all happy and contented.So,maybe we should all look at things a little bit more positively..:)

Most importantly,I am reminded of how blessed I am that I have family members who love and care for me.The girls adopted by the couple wasnt so fortunate as they were abandoned but Mdm Sun and her husband made a huge difference in their life,by providing them with love,care and shelter.So,the next time your parents asked you to do something..stop grumbling and do it!

To some of my friends who are having a little problem,hang in there and be strong,k?:)

Let us all just slow ourselves down and perhaps begin to help people who need us?We may not be able to do much but for every effort we did,it means alot and it does counts.

TZH out!

No comments: