Thursday, August 30, 2007

One Litre Of Tears...


I just got addicted to a Japanese drama very recently called One Litre of Tears.It's released in Japan in 2005 but have touched the heart of many as time passes by.The drama is based on a true story of a girl named Aya Kitou,who suffered from a disease called SPINOCEREBELLAR ATAXIA which is a type of degenerative disease,causing her to lose the ability to talk and left her paralysis.She was diagnosed with this disease at the age of 15 and lived on till the age of 25. Despite being diagnosed with such disease,she did not lose her will to live but carried on life positively.She kept a diary at the suggestion of her doctor and it was made into a novel,published shortly after her death.It was really touching how she struggled and carried on with her life. Her family did not give up on her too and supported her throughout her life, being there for her.Her positive attitude really inspired to carry on when I was not really in the mood to do something.I wished I could tell you how I feel but this is the 1st time that I am finding it hard to actually express how I feel.Partly because I am still halfway into finishing this series. One of her quote that I find meaningful is this..


"Life is limited yet time is never ending".


I totally agreed and think that this is very true. Our lifespan on earth is approximately 60 to 70 years and we ought to live it to the fullest. I myself have been guilty of spending my time focusing on stuffs I ought not to. Yet it took me so long to come to realise this. In life,there's more for me to do and more for me to give. I do hope that I will be able to spend the rest of my life serving and giving my best to people who need me, do you? This series has actually brought me to tears..YES!TZH CRIED!One of the series I would remembered till my memory fails me.


I have learnt to treasure people around me even more now. Each and everyday means so much as I continue watching this series.Let's continue to strive for a better tomorrow no matter what comes our way and embraced the spirit of Aya as we lived on.


Aya Kitou(July 19 1962-may 23 1988), you will forever be my hero and inspiration....


TZH out to continue the series...


p/s:the actress in the drama is cute too!:P

No comments: