Saturday, November 3, 2007

Light?or Darkness?

Yesterday at cg Jit spoke about being the light. That sounds pretty weird,right?Light?What is it all about?Sounds funny,right?Well,it actually meant being different from the others around us. As christians,we are called the light of the world and that we should always shine among our friends.Shine as in be different and act correctly,not impressing people with how good we are in this or how good we are in that..Nothing's wrong,right?

Well,then came the main part.Jit spoke about hiding our light.He asked how we hid our light in our daily life.Ok..great.I must say I havent been a really strong light among my friends or should I say,I hardly shine.Many a times I do things my other friends do and even uses words I know I so should not use.It's pretty hard to kick off old habits but I am trying..I hope.

Then,came the highlight of the day.While on the way back,Jean asked why the guys are treating a certain guy in the class pretty bad.The guys included me.And yea..I do not deny I personally do not prefer that certain some1.But then I asked myself,what exactly are the reasons?I can say I pretty much found no reasons.I try thinking of his "style" or characteristic and shove the blame to that.Then again,am I really that perfect myself?I don't think I did a right thing in terms of that.

Am I hiding my light?Someone once told me off,saying that the way I act in school will be a hindrance for many to come closer to God.I don't totally disagree with that.I not only hold grudges or blow up out of the blue,I somehow do discriminate others and lack of courage in terms of standing up.The pressure of being look at in a weird way is pretty hard to accept.Jit constantly reminded us of Uncle Jordan,who is being respected by many but when he was standing up for what he believed in,people mock him back then.So,should I really be so afraid to be different?

I am sorry for many things I have done.My classmates and friends..a sincere apology to all of you.I hope to learn to shine stronger and not bring darkness upon people around me....

No comments: