Sunday, December 14, 2008

ESP 7

ESP 7 had just ended. Another event off the calendar. Aw, I can hear 2009 approaching. Well, let's not get to there for today. Haha. ESP is a camp organised by the English Speaking Presbyterian hence the abbreviation ESP. It's an annual event and this year it was held in Majodi Centre in Johor. It was a rather nice place, just that it lacks recreational areas. :x The camp this year round is rather special, to me at least.

Going into ESP, i was not excited, contrary to what many people around me felt. I had no idea about what I want out of this camp and I just went cause I have friends going for it, so I had to tag along. The past one year hasnt been fully a good one, nor was it a bad one thus leading to a tired and emotional TZH. The 1st night itself Uncle Ven asked us to write down things we expect to see or receive from the Lord in this camp. The very 1st reaction I had was I GOT NOTHING I WANT. After some time, I did squeeze out somethings and eventually looked forward to the messages from Pastor Victor. The camp this year was rather special as there was not so much altar call nor were the messages too much to handle for non christian friends we have invited. I felt comfortable throughout the camp.

It's like day in, day out I had let studies, people, and even sometimes serving takes over God's place. I tried to forget about things I want to by working hard to serve God and forgot the real purpose of serving, or rather the real purpose of being a Christian, to seek God and put God 1st above all else. This was what I was reminded of from the camp and I felt like I am back to where I started, a baby Christian who desire to seek the Lord 1st. I am just like being reverted from I think I know a lot to the current stage of I know nothing, it's good though. Many areas that I am struggling with, many things to be done and I am just gonna make sure I am ready for what may come..

Back to basic, people!

No comments: