Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Royals 09

Royals or better known as Royal Intervarsity Debating Championship was held in Universiti Malaya this year. I took part in the senior category of the tournament by chance and had a fun time in KL. It was supposed to be a debating tournament but somehow turned out to be a trip where the UTM team travel around and eat and had fun. As a beginner, I guessed I did pretty decent partnering 2 3rd year seniors. We had 2 wins out of a possible 5. We did not make it to the quarter finals though, making each of us rather disappointed. It was an intriguing time debating and seeing others' point of views and getting adjudication on how I can be a better debater. The tournament was good with some not so good arrangements by UM but well, let's not criticize the number 1 uni in Malaysia. It was like a food trip too, ate Ipoh Taugeh Chicken at Jalan Gasing, mamak at Murni in SS2, Jalan Alor's frog porridge, Alexis Bar's expensive cake, Sake Sushi and Shah Alam's char siew. It was really fun hanging out with those seniors of mine. Too bad I did not make too many new friends. Haha. Well, pictures on the trip will be up on fb! so do visit my page! XD

No comments: