Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Survey Camp

And so I went back to UTM on 15th evening, slept in my friend's room and headed for registration for the survey camp the next morning. Basically survey camp is where we put what we learnt in engineering surveying to practice and our destination, Kuala Linggi, Malacca where the project requires us to come up with a plan to widen the existing road. It was a bittersweet 9 days in Malacca. One thing's for sure, friendship was built and bonds become stronger. I really love and am proud being a UTM-er with you all!

The journey started on 16th morning and we reached there about late afternoon. Briefing was given the night and field work kicked off the next morning. We were behind schedule due to lack of practice and also the weather. We admit we could and should have been more efficient as we know weather during end of the year is never that good. It was scorching out at times and pouring like there's no tomorrow at other. Well, we somehow managed to complete our projects and submitted everything on the final day. I guess no one can forget about all the "lectures" we got and the challenges to think out of the box. My teammates were great too. Mazen, an international student totally worked his butt off for the team and I salute him for that! Haha! Amira, Faisal, Hazwani and Faer, you guys rock! Glad to be in a team! =)

Foodwise, I have no complaints lar although you would have wished for better food. Facing the Malacca Straits everyday is quite an experience. The sunrise, sunset and the breeze along the storm. It really does show how amazing the creation of God is.

For more pictures, do visit my facebook to view them there. To all, thanks for making this survey camp memorable.

Next up, KL here I come XD

No comments: