Saturday, September 27, 2008

Right?


I've just watched a movie entitled Freedom Writers this afternoon. It's about how a teacher inspired and changed her students' life by using unorthodox teaching methods, which worked yet was not recognized by many who goes law by law. This is based on the true story of Erin Gruwell, a teacher in US and her students. So, it's really inspiring.


One of the thing in this movie is learning to put our differences aside and not let anything that people say get to us. Many a times, success depend on one person's mind. If we ever allowed people to dictate our life, we will never be able to make a breakthrough. Instead, we should strive to change, there's no one thing in this world that can stopped you from your dream as long as you try hard enough.


The story talks about white and black's discrimination, holocaust and things that are closed to teenagers facing problem in an area in US. We as teenagers of Malaysia faces our own problems too, only mayb it isnt as radical as the ones in US. Miep Gies, the person who hide Anne Frank during the holocaust said this I DIDN"T HIDE ANNE TO BE A HERO, I ONLY DID THAT BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. That sentence really made an impact. It struck me right there that many times we do things to please others, to get into their good books or simply because our friends require us to do it. But what we have failed to realise is this, the reason behind our actions. I've been trying to more or less be someone I aint and I get very tired and hurt at the end of the day. I guess perhaps it wasnt the right thing to do after all. In life, we need not please everyone but we need to be straight with God. I have been doing things beyond my range of work, it's time to focus on things that are important to me. I am gonna do things because it's the right thing to do. :p

So, yea do watch the movie. The actress is quite pretty also. Hehe..

No comments: