Friday, May 1, 2009

Success Re-Defined?

The question today is DEFINE SUCCESS.

My life was structured on results in the past. In other words, studies. I can actually say I am quite proud at my own achievements since young and no, i wasn't just lucky. I did pay for it with my own hard work, which was not seen by most of you. So, when form 6 comes by, I thought I could fare equally well but boy, was I wrong enough. I managed to scrape through the momentary "hell", both emotionally and physically(studies) and I was struck with the 1st setback in my student life. Lo and behold, my friends started talking about what university they should choose and if they should head to Singapore and here I am, not even knowing what will come next.

Pastor Paul asked me a question on the day I did a career development test. He asked What Was My Biggest Setback throughout life and I answered him my form 6 life. The reply he gave was somewhat encouraging yet scary. He told me that this is just a small setback and in times to come, the road will be harder. I am trying my best to cling onto my faith and put aside all my personal jealousy towards my friends who did really well. I couldn't help but think of the WHAT IFS. Aih~

Psalms 107 was a comforting passage as I found out on Wednesday. It speaks of us having the privilege to call unto God when we are in distress and He will hear us. This is like a promise from Him to provide miracle when there seems none. Right now, I am learning to have faith. I am telling myself that I need to make the best of every opportunity and every moment in life. Right now, I am redefining success. I hope that I will be able to do what I am, where I am, if it's Your will..

3 comments:

ezra said...

Yo brother, amen to that thought! Poly life hasn't exactly been the best of my successes so far and things have been tough.

But like you, I'm also learning to have faith. I actually believe the whole thing is a chance given by God to grow, to meet new people, to refine myself and stuff like that.

So keep strong in faith. Surely can wan la. xD

zBlue Wey said...

If there must be a turning point in human's life, then I believe that form 6 is your life's turning point.

Recently, you keep saying that if you used your spm result to apply college or university, you sure can get what you want and you won't get such bad result in STPM. But if you really did so, then I think you won't face this turning point and again, you will fail in the future. No matter which road you choose, there is some obstacles that you need to face. You might fall down, but you must stand up and continue your travel. You can't blame anyone, except yourself.But what you can get if u blame yourself? Nothing. If than, why don't save your energy and move forward? Maybe you can see a very beautiful scene at the next station.

Life is short and don't waste too much of time to look behind. Eyes are at the front, and not at the back, so we must always look forward, and be strong. If fall down, stand up. It might be painful, but take a rest, it will be fine. Hopefully you will stand up soon, bro...

zhihow3 said...

haha,thanx shi hao.the reason y i posted this is to define how i m feeling,which of course i m all rite.dun worry, i m ready for wat is to come and i noe He's v me!