Thursday, December 6, 2007

Fairytale VS Reality..

Well,I have just watched a movie called Enchanted.It's a movie by Disney's that mixed up all the fairytales we have ever known into one story.The story was funny,the song was nice and seriously it's a fantastic movie.Wait..Am I here to talk about the movie?Of course not.Well,it's just that this movie got me pondering over a question.I guess my title says it all.FAIRYTALE VS REALITY.

Do you all believed in fairytales?believed in dreams coming true?believed that everything will have a happy ending?Well,I do.Doesn't everyone of us does?When we were young,I believe most of us would be indulging into stories like Cindrella,Sleeping Beauty,The Mermaid,Aladdin and so much more.Disney's has just mesmerised each and everyone of us since young.Since when did we lose that belief that there is a happy ending for every story?As we grow older,we tend to be influenced by the world and just really focus on things that are so-called important.Fame,status,materials and wealth is what we believed will bring us a happy ending in our life.Think again,does it all really matter?Can you really bring those with you when you leave this world?I'll leave that for you to ponder.

For the past 2 days,I have been involved in the soul survivor camp.It was great and I don't deny I was having an emotional breakdown these couple of days.Pastor Mike spoke of someone who really made me realise how naive I was.That person is none other than someone called Hilda Bachelor(I hope it's correct!).She always seems to have time for everyone and cared about everyone around her.People would tend to think she's a nuisance but think of it,if you have a bad day and someone just comes up to you with a smile,doesn't that just bring a little warmth?I realised no matter how busy we are going after things,even in terms of serving God,we always have time for others,just to care for one another.So I really encouraged all of you out there to just take a steps slower and look at people around you.There's always time for everything.

It's pretty hard to just say such things and not living it out.It's kinda like hypocriscy and I don't deny I am pretty much TALK THE TALK but rarely WALK THE WALK.So,here I am trying to really just learn how to build my character and be a better person,a blessing to everyone around me.What has this got to do with happy ending?As Christian,we are told that if we accept Christ as our personal saviour and obey His words,we would be in heaven by end of our life and we would received His blessings abundantly.So,think of it..isnt this some sort of like a happy ending we are all seeking for?I myself was seeking for something and when I could not get it,I would be like.."Man,the world is coming to an end..".Of course,nothing comes easy.In order to achieve the fairytale ending we all dreamt of,we need to really work on our relationship not just with God but with people around us too.

So,yea.Ladies and gentleman,let's all just take things slowly and who knows,things will change for the better when we thought it's a nightmare instead of a fairytale?

p/s:TZH is currently looking for his fairytale princess.Anyone willing to be one?:P

No comments: