Saturday, January 12, 2008

Before and After..

The day started with me going to school,and was so-called late.It went on with all those co-curriculum registration thing and off I went for guitar lesson at Eden.I went makan with the Eden gang too after my lesson.Got home,and in less than 30 minutes I went out again.This time,to yf.Haha.Busy day,right?

The Youth Mission Initiative a.k.a YMI people will be leaving for their mission trips.I remembered going for my mission trip in Kota Tinggi last year about the same time too.So,they led the youth fellowship today.It was rather different having other people to organize games and shared in yf,as in youths.They shared their testimonies before becoming a Christian and how life changed ever since,which led to me thinking.."How has mine changed since that fateful day in Eden that I chose to accept Jesus as my saviour?".

I still have a very huge problem of keeping my mouth shut.I always tend to fight back when people say stuffs that,to me is unpleasant.I stated before my temper aint so good,therefore it makes things all the more worse.I am trying my best to just SHUT UP when I need to.Well,nobody says by accepting Christ,you changed 180 degrees straightaway,right?This is a process,long and hard but the reward is sweet.Okie,let's roll the tape back a little.How my life was like before I became a Christian?

To begin with,I was really KIASU.I wanted to be involved in whatever people were into.I wanted to own the latest games,although my requests were often rejected by my parents.I imitated the way my friends spoke,or some actors or actresses and always tried to make myself the center of attention.I felt extremely happy when people all focused on me.I still do,hehe..
I was sort of pretty much blessed too.I had gained much fame even at a very young age.I did not know how to handle those and in the end,it all built up to my arrogance.I perpetually looked upon my friends as inferior or to a certain extent,STUPID.I had absolutely no problem calling them IDIOT or STUPID.It became some sort of helping verb to me.

When I grew older,the arrogance grew too.I was enrolled into STK,the best high school in town.I was so proud of myself and to me,other school students are not as smart as us and they are mostly ah bengs and ah lians.I don't really bother mixing up with other school people,even in tuition classes,I would still feel I was the best.I was frigging power-crazed too.I craved for the fame and power to be in leadership position and eventually went for many AGMs to try and get myself a post.As time passed by,I began to follow the trend too.I spent almost like 1K on some cards that were so famous back then.I went out faithfully every saturday just to play cards and buy cards.Then,came the CYBERCAFE ERA.I joined my friends for on9 games and wasted quite some money on it.Well,swearing and using vulgar languages were also part of what I picked up.

Still,I thought life's good.I scored well in school,but when I got lower marks,I would feel so bad and felt like my day was ruined.That still occurs as of now,just that it's not so bad.It wasnt until I joined CG one day after a meeting that I discovered there's more to life than what I had been doing.Erin and King Chai invited me for the 1st time and I went.I wasn't really paying attention cause most of the stuffs they said were like "Christlikeness,living for God and etc".I wasnt so open back then to such stuffs and had always felt Christian Fellowship is a brain wash thingy,where they made you into one of them.This was partly due to informations fed to me by people around me.So I was rather unreceptive when it came to such stuffs.Still,I went to CG on fridays,if possible and then I joined YF for the 1st time,wanting to just complete my moral project as they were having a gotong-royong.

I went every week after that and began to learn more and more about God.I did not receive Christ straight away,but took a year's time to discover and feel God for myself.Since accepting Christ,my temper is slightly better and that I have learnt to be strong in all the things I do too.I used to give up very easily when things got tougher and very lazy to continue on in certain things.I always felt frustrated easily and did alot of stupid stuffs(still do,sometimes).But as I grew in my faith,the way I spoke and the way I interacted changed too.I think I am no longer that arrogant and that I have kicked off quite a number of bad activities.Still struggling with a few but I will try my best to kick it off,with God's help of course.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

I believe by God's help,everything is possible and like I had posted before,my life story will never be the same.Struggling no more I shall...

No comments: