Sunday, January 6, 2008

Faith..


We had YF in church to kickstart the year yesterday.Jit said he thought it would be appropriate for us to start yf in church so as to set our life right.I think I totally agree.Many people have stated that I have grown a little in terms of faith.But the truth is I still failed to give up many old habits and hanging onto things so tight,knowing very well there's no point in doing so.So,am I being a hindrance to people in terms of coming to know God?I hope I am not..


I have been in yf since 2005 and throughout all these years,the advisors have been stressing on reaching out to our non christian friends.Sharing the gospel with people who do not believe in it.Upon entering form 6,I happened to be placed in a class with 5 christians student(include me) and I can really see many of them being enthusiatic to share the gospel.Me?I tried and I do not deny certain things do hold me back in terms of that.I just want to recommit my life to God and try my very best to live for Him and Him alone.I can really say I was part of the gang that sorta seems dry and not having victory.Well,I dont blame anyone but myself for it.So,to the rest of the yfers,if you are reading this,I am sorry.


It just seems so hard to try to convince people that God is true and that they should believe in Him.It's especially harder when you meet people that might get on your nerves.Ok,I admit.My temper is bad.I believe there's many areas in my life that need to be changed before even considering reaching out.I think I am sorta a hypocrite if I go around talk the talk,but not walk the walk.I have another 360 days left in year 2008,hoping to make the best use of it.


It's just like what Ps Elijah said during esp,no point of a torchlight shining at another 1.I should start giving a thought to every actions and impacts it has on people around me,especially non christian friends.Life's really getting tougher but I am still alive.Haha.


Someone once say,not seeing it doesnt mean it's not there.I guess that's how you can describe faith in terms of Christianity.We worship a God that we don't see but I believe that He's there and He's real.If you need proof,lotsa it but I believe when one personally come in contact with God,he needs no proofs.I need to rediscover the faith I used to have.Right,TZH hasnt exactly been strong in terms of faith throughout last year.>.<


All in all,I just want to try my very best to be different,really different and not let other thoughts overpowered me.I hope I will be able to do it.
TZH out to get some sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! So glad to see that you're on the right track. Keep trying and God will surely reward you for "He rewards those who earnestly seek him". As for being a hindrance to others, I think the important part is to be transparent with our failings. Christians aren't perfect people, but we are called to lead holy lives. Jia you!